BRANT-EVANS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Check out their website
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY
This service has been discontinued. Please contact 549-6382 for food delivery.
MEALS ON WHEELS
If residents of the Town of Brant are in need of Meals on Wheels, they may contact them at 716-822-2002 and ask for the “Intake Office”. They may also visit their website: www.mowbuffalo.com.
SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY:
The Town of Brant has a Special Needs Registry that residents with “Special Needs” may utilize to ensure that emergency responders understand your special circumstance in the event you need assistance. You can complete the form here, and return it to the Town Clerk’s Office.
RURAL TRANSIT SERVICE, INC
Erie County Community Development Block Grant Consortium along with the Town of Brant, subsidizes an organization called Rural Transit Service, Inc. This company services the local senior residents when transportation is not available to perform their daily tasks such as doctor visits, grocery shopping, hair appointments, etc. (If you would like to volunteer please contact Lee Brunelli at the phone number listed below.
These services are available to seniors in and around the Brant/Farnham Community.
Hours of Availability:
The van is available 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday, except holidays.
RURAL TRANSIT WILL BE CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
MONDAY JANUARY 14 (MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY)
MONDAY FEBRUARY 18 (PRESIDENTS DAY)
MONDAY MAY 27 (MEMORIAL DAY)
THURSDAY JULY 4 (INDEPENDENCE DAY)
MONDAY SEPT 2 (LABOR DAY)
MONDAY OCT 14 (COLUMBUS DAY)
MONDAY NOV 11 (VETERAN’S DAY)
THURS & FRI NOV 21 & 22 (THANKSGIVING)
MONDAY DEC (CHRISTMAS PARTY)
TUESDAY DEC 24 & WEDNESDAY DEC 25 (CHRISTMAS)
TUESDAY DEC 31 & WEDNESDAY JAN 1 (NEW YEARS)
CLOSINGS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE ON WKSE KISS 98.5 FM, STAR 102.5 FM, WBEN 930 AM AND CH. 2, 4 & 7. WE ALSO CLOSE IF THE SCHOOLS IN YOUR TOWN/VILLAGE ARE CLOSED.
Dispatch should be called 48 hours in advance and up to two weeks in advance for medical appointments. Individual may schedule up to two rides per week.
Phone Number for service is 716-549-5098
Address: Rural Transit Service, Inc.
1000 Brant-Farnham Road
PO Box 212
Brant, New York 14027
Who is eligible?
1) Residency within the Brant service area is required
2) If your gross annual household income is within the CD Program income limits, you are eligible. Limits are set annually by the funding agency, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Income is determined by the number of individuals living in your household. To receive the current income eligibility information, contact 549-5098.
3) Must be 62 or older, or be disabled. Proof of age or disability is required.
4) If you do not have available transportation, cannot access existing bus routes and have no other way of getting around.
An application must be submitted when you wish to start service. In the application you will
Be asked the following questions:
- Your place of residency
- Your date of birth
- Your ability to use other transportation
- Your ability to walk on or off the van
- Written proof of eligibility (proving age, income and disability)